Club Volleyball affords players who are wanting to take their game to the next level the ability to do so with other players their similar age and skill set. Check out our About Us page to learn more about our club.
2021-2022 CLUB SEASON TRYOUT DATES
ALL EVENTS AT OUR FACILITY: 101 CAHABA VALLEY PKWY WEST, PELHAM, AL 35124
ALL INFORMATION ABOUT TRYOUTS IS ALSO ON THE REGISTRATION FORM LINK ABOVE
|AGE DIVISION||TRYOUT FEE||OFFICIAL EVALUATION|
DAY 1 OF 2
DAY 2 OF 2
(drop in between
|10U||$25||Sat 10/9 |
| Sun 10/10|
|12U||$25|| Sat 10/9|
| Sun 10/10|
|13U||$25|| Sat 10/9|
| Sun 10/10|
|14U||$50|| Sat 10/9|
| Sun 10/10|
|16U||$50|| Fri 10/29|
|17U/18U||$50|| Fri 10/29|
Parent Info Meetings (if you cannot attend, the handout will be available via email after the meeting)
10U-14U Sunday Oct. 3, 5:30pm
15U-18U Sunday Oct. 24, 7pm
For Players that are REGISTERED AND PAID by the Parent Info Meeting Date, they are eligible to participate in a FREE practice with our Practice Players Program on Parent Info Meeting day! More info to follow in mid-September.
DETAILS ON TRYOUT EVENTS
- TRYOUTS :
- are 2 days, and we strongly encourage attendance on both days
- Check-In will begin 30 minutes prior to tryout start time. Show SRVA tryout membership, pay tryout fee (if you haven’t already), players will be given Tryout #. Info on how to register is below.
- COMMITMENT DAY:
- is where you will come to BVC to be sized for uniforms, turn in paperwork and make your first payment.
STEPS TO TRYOUT
- Register PLAYER for tryouts through BVC
- https://forms.gle/FVXYE4YtdYp3ZjBs6 (You do not need to print this)
- Attend Parent Info Meeting
- Obtain a Tryout Membership at www.SRVA.org for the PLAYER
- Tryout Membership is $10 and non-refundable. Bring proof of this membership, either printed or on your phone/screenshot
- Tryout Payment: Mail check to BVC 101 Cahaba Valley Pkwy West, Pelham 35124 OR bring to tryouts
- Bring to tryouts:
- Screen shot proof of SRVA Tryout membership
- Payment (if not already mailed in)
- Tryouts are NOT open to spectators (you may walk your player in to check in/make payment)
- Teams are divided by skill level
- Positions in the club are offered by the following day after tryouts; we post anticipated teams but cannot guarantee this exact team make up/coach until after accepts/declines are processed
What age group am I in?
CLICK HERE TO SEE WHICH AGE DIVISION YOUR ATHLETE SHOULD REGISTER FOR
How much does it cost to play club volleyball at BVC?
TENTATIVE FEES (per player): we will have Parent Info Meetings prior to tryout that will give the specific 2022 season fees, what all is included in that fee, tentative tournament schedule, etc.
*All teams have the option of upgrading for additional fees. This includes traveling more extensively than regional or attending 3-day qualifier tournaments. Upgraded fees will be billed as a 5th payment and cannot be determined until the teams have been finalized and a team meeting takes place for all players/parents to understand and agree to the commitment*
Price includes all required fees to BVC for playing on a club travel team:
Uniform Package, Tournament Entry Fees, Coaching Fees, Gym Fees, Insurance, Administrative Fees, etc.
There are no additional required fees owed to BVC other than what is posted above and in the case of a team upgrading their schedule (based on team strength). USAV $60 membership fee is paid directly to USAV/SRVA. Families are responsible for their players travel/food/lodging at tournaments
*All BVC fees can be made in 4 equal monthly installments beginning on “commitment day”*
What happens next?
- Positions in the club (anticipated teams) will be posted on our website within 24 hours of the conclusion of tryouts (in most cases much earlier)
- Please click on the accept/decline link we email you to respond to your invitation to play with BVC.
- A coach or club admin will call or send an email when teams have posted to give you team specific information, such as anticipated teammates, coaching staff, tournament play level, etc. These are tentative until teams are finalized.
- You will also be able to talk with the anticipated coach and they can answer any questions you may have! Please do this before making a decision about ANY CLUB!
- You will have until 8:00pm on Commitment Day to submit your decision to BVC. We will move players to fill vacant spots, as necessary.
- Commitment Day is the FIRST day that any USAV club can require you to make a decision & accept money from you toward club fees.
- If you accept your spot, the player and one parent are required to come to BVC between 4pm-8pm on Commitment Day.
- At this time, the player will try on apparel for the uniform package, submit remaining paperwork, and turn in first payment (approximately 1/4 of your total dues. Any discount for paying in full at this time will be communicated to you in advance).
- Practice schedules are determined after we have established the final number of teams in each age division.
- You will have a team meeting within the first few weeks of practice to determine your tournament schedule weekends (May not have the exact tournament/locations finalized…but at least the weekends you will try to play). This is also a time to meet the other parents and learn more about your coaching staff.